How we teach Handwriting
The outcomes that we will strive to ensure all our pupils achieve are:
· Having fluent, legible and speedy handwriting that can be performed automatically, so that the attention of the brain is on the content of the writing.
· Having the stamina and skills to write at length, with accurate spelling and punctuation.
· Having competence in transcription (spelling and handwriting) and composition.
· Writing clearly, accurately and coherently, adapting their language and style in and for a range of contexts, purposes and audiences.
· Having a comfortable and efficient pencil hold and working position.
The programme has four threads.
- Making bodies stronger
- Holding the pencil (for speed, comfort and legibility)
- Learning the letters
- Flow and fluency