Japan is also well known for the paper folding art of Origami. Amazing creations are formed by simply folding paper in a variety of different ways.
Have a go at making your own Japanese origami
How To Make an Easy Origami Butterfly (in 3 MINUTES!)
Easy Origami Rabbit - How to Make Rabbit Step by Step
How to Make Paper Fish | Creating Paper Fish, Paper Art and Craft for Kids
Here are five reasons why you should set your children with the task of completing an Origami activity:
- It bolsters fine motor skills.
- It develops a child's imagination.
- It increases concentration levels.
- Maths reasoning skills and logical thinking can be improved.
- It helps with hand-eye coordination.